Newport Arts and Athletics (also known as Newport Dance & Cheer Academy, Inc.) NOW HAS CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINING SERVICES in our Athletic and Fitness Academy!
What is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)?
A CPT is an individual with a background and working knowledge of health and fitness. He/she has been tested in their area of expertise and is prepared to help clients achieve their personal best with a personalized fitness plan. The CPT will help clients set goals, identify ways to achieve them, and guide their clients throughout the process.
How could a certified personal trainer benefit you?
1. You will receive a personalized workout. Your trainer will have an initial meeting with you where he/she will ask you a series of questions about your goals and expectations. He/she will then provide a plan for you based on your schedule and fitness interests.
2. You will be motivated. You have your own personal coach to assist you, teach you, and encourage you throughout your journey. He/she will help you to keep going when the going gets tough.
3. Your trainer will be there to teach you. He/she will teach you the proper way to do each exercise and monitor your workouts to ensure that they are safe and appropriate for your body type. He/she will ensure that your workouts are paced to fit your individual needs so that you can continue your new lifestyle with or without a trainer.
4. A trainer can give you a new perspective on fitness. Your workout will have variety and options that you may have never thought of on your own. He/she has studied to give you multiple options for achieving your goal/s.
5. You will get the most bang for your buck! With a CPT, you will have an individualized game plan within each workout session. Your trainer will ensure that you accomplish all your body needs during your time with him/her. The trainer has extensive knowledge in how to target specific body parts and how to complete a total body workout in the allotted time given.
6. Convenience. Your trainer will see what time works best for you and him/her. He/she will give you a few time options to choose from and then allow you to decide what is best for your lifestyle.
Can I afford a personal trainer?
A CPT offers sessions based on your personal fitness goals. At Newport Arts and Athletics, those may be 45-60 minutes in length. Depending on your goals, the time you need to achieve them, and your budget, we can determine what works best for you.
Newport Athletic & Fitness Academy: Certified Personal Trainer, Susan McMahan
Susan is a teacher by nature and has been teaching students of all ages since 1998. She has taught dance, gymnastics and fitness. She is also has a degree in K-8 (highly qualified K-6) Education. Most recently, she received her certification as a personal trainer. Her background in education and dance has given her extensive knowledge in how the body works/moves and how to share that with others.
She feels like she specifically can help individuals with weight loss goals, toning the body, post-pregnancy workouts, post-surgery workouts/recovery, and helping others to gain a healthier lifestyle in general. Nothing like personal experience can prepare you to help others reach a goal, and Susan has been there. Life may throw you a few curve balls along the way, but it is much easier to recover when you are healthy. This means improving your mind, body, and soul. Susan believes that the ability to move and exercise is a gift from God. She says, “It is up to us to use it for good. There are so many voices that want to make us to feel insecure, as if we are not worthy or able, but God is able. When He is for us, who can be against us! With Him, we CAN and we will!”
How can I join Newport Athletic and Fitness Academy and meet a certified personal trainer?
Call (423) 623-4113 to set up an appointment.
Email Susan McMahan at
OR message Susan McMahan on Facebook